Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Mysterious Universe


This is what my nine-year-old son has to say about this book:
*
I think THE MYSTERIOUS UNIVERSE is a great book because it describes everything it talks about very well. It has lots of facts about light-years, dark energy, supernovae and black holes. It has really great photographs by Nic Bishop. There are even parts that are funny. This is a great book on astronomy. Anybody from 8 to 88 can read it and understand it. Happy Reading!
*
I think my son might well be the first child to have read and reviewed this book. I agree with him. Ellen Jackson and Nic Bishop have done a beautiful job explaining this mysterious universe. Read an interview with the universe here. And get ready for some very interesting conversations with your children.
*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I'm putting this one on reserve. Thanks, Vijaya and son!

Bish Denham said...

I read that interview with the Universe, very cool. Obviously, so is your son.

Ta-ta for the next couple of months. Have a wonderful summer.

Bish

Evelyn said...

I've read Ellen's book also and agree that it's wonderful! She is such an excellent writer.

Congratulations to your son and daughter on their fine book reviews!

Vijaya said...

Thanks all ... I think the kids are jazzed about recommending the books they like and Ellen's book is very thought provoking ...