Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ten Honest Things

"Scrap means left over, fragments, discarded material. Many times truth and honesty are discarded material, considered fragments and left over. People like us need to tell it like it is, and let the scraps fall where they will. There are 2 guidelines for receiving this award. One, you are to list 10 honest things about yourself. Make them interesting, even if you have to dig deep. Two, present the award to 7 other bloggers."




My friend Bish awarded me this a while back and I completely forgot about it. Sorry Bish.
  1. I have an excellent memory -- hey, I did finally remember this award.
  2. I stutter and there were times in my life when it was all I could do to literally spit out the words. Thank goodness for writing.
  3. I enjoy writing letters -- have been doing it since I was a wee little girl, thanks to a fractured family.
  4. I am a very good listener -- even strangers tell me their stories without any prompting.
  5. I can curl my tongue into three petals.
  6. I hate eggs unless I prepare them myself. And liver. Oh, brussel sprouts, too, even though they look like cute little baby cabbages.
  7. I love babies -- plants, animals, rocks, you name it -- except perhaps baby cockroaches.
  8. I am curiouser than a cat.
  9. I have read my school books for fun. Still do. Will read my kids' school books as well.
  10. I am still reading picture books.

Many of you have already played, but if you haven't, consider yourself tagged. Let me know so I can read ten honest things about you as well. Thanks, Bish.
*

3 comments:

Bish Denham said...

You're welcome Vijaya. I hate liver too!

laurasalas said...

Fun, Vijaya!

I have some things in common with you (listening, the tongue thing, reading picture books) and I wish I had the memory thing in common. Mine is nonexistent.

And yes, you write lovely letters! Thanks for sharing this:>)

Vijaya said...

Thank you, Laura. I've never met anybody else who could do the tongue thing! That's cool.