Thursday, December 31, 2009

A New Year!

I love this time between Christmas and New Year, where I get to take stock of the year gone by, and see how I can improve. I know many folks don't like to make New Year resolutions, but I typically make them twice a year. It seems to be my natural rhythm to assess whether I'm living my life the way I want to and should around the New Year and sometime again in the summer.

Last year I made daily goals.

1. Have one-on-one time with each family member every day.
2. Pray every day.
3. Walk every day.
4. Write every day.
5. Be kind every day.

I'm happy to say that I did well, but I could've challenged myself more. This year I want to stretch and reach higher so in addition to my daily goals, this is what I'd like to see happen:

1. Finish YA WIP (Damaged)
2. Polish shorts and send them out at least once a month.
3. Lose weight.

How about you? What would you like to see happen in your writing/personal life? Care to share?

Have a happy, healthful and joyous New Year!
*

5 comments:

Jane Heitman Healy said...

I've been ruminating about goals and resolutions. What's realistic but still challenging? What will enrich my life? What will take me further down my life's path? And here it is--your list from last year! :) Thanks, Vijaya! Best wishes in meeting your goals in 2010. Jane

Bish Denham said...

Oh Vijaya, your daily goals are the best! And I think I will take them on as my own, save for #1 as I have plenty of quality time with Stan already.

As for other goals, those of a more long term nature, your #2 is one I definitely need/want to work on.

Vijaya said...

Thank you, Jane and Bish. The daily goals keep me super-grounded, not to mention, keep the balance.

laurasalas said...

I love your daily goals, Vijaya. So important to make sure we're doing the stuff every day that matters to us! And your long-term goals are excellent, too.

Vijaya said...

Thanks Laura. The daily routine life is what's really important to me ... and the rest should follow.