Wednesday, January 20, 2010
My dear friend Bish is passing on the happy meme.
When I was in India, my mother had a book called "Happiness is a Habit." I never read it so I don't know if the link I've made is the correct one but the title always stuck with me because it resonates. Happiness is a habit. When one has a grateful heart, just being alive makes one happy.
Let me list a few things that bring happiness in my life:
1. Walking with my kids and dog to school.
2. Snuggling up with my husband to watch a good movie.
4. Writing. Fast-flowing pens, sharpened pencils.
5. Cooking. And eating.
6. Cuddling with the kitties.
7. Reading and writing letters. Being connected with family and friends.
8. Sitting in church, listening to the Word.
9. Our home.
10. All of nature, but especially the sunshine.
As you can see, these are all so very simple things, but they bring me great joy every day, even on gray and cloudy days.
Be well. Be happy. And let me know what makes you happy. If you follow my blog, I'll be checking your blogs in the next few days.