Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Vijaya Hatches not just an egg but TEN EASTER EGGS

I have been sitting on these eggs for nearly a year and am so happy to share that my little novelty book TEN EASTER EGGS will be published by Cartwheel, an imprint of Scholastic, in 2015!!!!!!!

These eggs have been gestating for nearly ten years. LOL. And now am very, very thankful for the previous rejections, some that were glowing and broke my heart.

This hatching would not be possible without the generous help of Salina Yoon who suggested rhyme and Debbie Ridpath Ohi, who had posted an interview with editor Celia Lee and shared it on the Blueboards! Thank you so much Salina and Debbie!! Ten Easter Eggs is totally a Blueboard slush-pile success story!!!

Thank you for celebrating with me!!!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

Faith E. Hough said...

Congratulations, Vijaya! I can't wait to hold it in my hands!

Marcia said...

Wow, you have been busy! I love it. Especially how it fills the screen.

Vijaya said...

Thank you all so much! I cannot wait for little hands to hold my book.

Joyce Moyer Hostetter said...

Oh my, that is fabulous! But I want more info. Can you tell us a little bit about it?

Vijaya said...

Joyce, thank you. Let's see, it's actually a math book masquerading as a holiday book! I can't wait to show you!