Saturday, July 19, 2014

Summer School

I usually try to minimize everything in the summer, but this year I've signed up for Nerdy Chicks Summer School offered by Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen and Kami Kinard. Thank you, ladies, and all the faculty.

Character in a pickle is how my stories start so their workshops on building character sounds like a great way for me to get back into the writing groove before school starts. This is the easiest summer I've had in many ways. My health is good and I've been enjoying the downtime with the kids. We've been reading lots, going to the pool, the beach, and I'm scribbling, scribbling when I get a chance.

So now for a little structure. Class starts Monday! Of course, I might have to play hooky once in a while ... because I'm all grown up! So, who's coming with me? To summer school, silly, not the beach.

4 comments:

Leandra Wallace said...

Looks like a neat program. Love their logo, very cute! Glad you're having a good summer so far.

Jenni said...

This looks like a fun program--and what a great way to spend your summer.
I'm having a more relaxed summer than usual as well, and it's so nice!

Faith E. Hough said...

I've got my own sort of summer school going on, but I'll join you at the beach--a few hundred miles up the shore!

Vijaya said...

Hah, but these ladies are giving homework ... WAAAAH! But it is good to get back into the groove.

Faith, your own summer school sounds wonderful, esp. since it's in person. But just think, we may be dipping our toes into the same waters.