Monday, May 8, 2017

May Moments

I love May. It's full of joys: Mary's month, singing Salve Regina at the conclusion of every Mass, Dagny's birthday month and our current pets' too -- Sunny St. Helen, Benny and Jules. School is coming to an end and with it, the end of school books, with time for personal reading and playing. Dagny is named after the main character in Atlas Shrugged so she's already begun reading it. There is no saint of that name so I tell her she can be the first :)

My little girl is sixteen! It's unbelievable how quickly the children grow up. Now she's driving *us* to church! I will always be grateful for being able to stay home with them and enjoy the many phases they went through, never to be repeated. And they taught me to look at everything with joy and wonder, essential attributes for a children's writer. 


 


 
 
 
Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling
 
 
 
 
We have the best friends!!! Just look at this beautiful card, one of a kind for Dagny!!!

Happy birthday Dagny!!! May God bless you and make you a saint! May you always be blessed with good friends on your journey to heaven. Love and prayers, always. Mom and Dad.

7 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

SWEET SIXTEEN, to your dear daughter Dagny. Sunrise, sunsets... wasn't it only yesterday?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, your daughter's lovely. Happy Birthday to her!

Vijaya said...

Thank you, Mirka and Marcia!!! Yes, it feels like only yesterday when she was a cherub in my arms.

Barbara Etlin said...

Aw, happy birthday to Dagny, and to your gorgeous dog and kitties. :-)

Vijaya said...

Thank you Barb.

Jenni said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter, Dagny! I am right behind you with my older son turning 15 this summer. Time does fly. I, too, am thankful that I've been able to be home for almost all that time. I love the card!

Vijaya said...

Thank you Jenni. Seems like time has sped up as they grow older.