Monday, December 4, 2017

The Shortest Advent

This year has the shortest Advent season with Christmas falling on a Monday. Just three weeks really. I can't believe how quickly this year went. Time to repent and prepare our hearts for the birth of our Savior. We are again singing the Mass of the Infant Jesus by Marsh. This was the first High Mass we sang six years ago and I still remember how nervous I felt with the Latin not rolling off my tongue and worried about not sounding good enough. You want everything to be beautiful for Mass because worship should be perfect. But somehow, despite our deficiencies, it was beautiful. Truly, the angels come to assist. We sang the same Mass for Epiphany and it felt easier. I love that we have all of Advent to prepare.   

Here's my girl wearing my mother's jacket--could this count as a relic? And here are two naughty kitties NOT on my lap.
 

2 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

She looks wonderful in the jacket, and it proves that everything old becomes retro-chic.

Vijaya said...

Thank you Mirka. As soon as she saw me in that jacket last year, she nabbed it. She's got a good eye :)