She sewed colorful and unique clothes for the kids--they were absolute favorites. I only kept a couple once they grew out of them but I wish I'd kept them all for the grandkids. There's no one quite like Auntie Colleen--I tried to capture her spirit in BOUND (Rebecca's best friend).

Colleen's like my big sister. How grateful I am to have a friend like her when my own family wasn't nearby.






What a blessing when God grants us caring friends.
ReplyDeleteYes, indeed! I have been blessed with good friends and good teachers my whole life.
ReplyDeleteYou fell just before he fall🍂 Friends are the best to help us get up🌹
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful retreat for you! You always post so many wonderful pictures. Dagny's hair was so dark when she was a baby!
ReplyDeleteMirka, you're so punny! Btw, I had submitted my conversion story to the Journey Home program with the title: Forever Falling. Who knew how apt it would be, lol.
ReplyDeleteMarcia, thank you. There are so many details I want to remember, like the little plane on top of the shed, the dappled sunlight, Colleen in all her elegance. And yes, Dagny's hair lightened as she grew. I did not expect that. I know so many people who's hair turned darker as they grew.