Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Best Decade Ever

I was looking through some old pictures and came across one of my favorites. My girl (yes, it's a girl in spite of the hack job I've done with her hair) is one year old and my son, three years:



And it makes me think of what an amazing decade it has been. I became a mother. I became a writer. I became a teacher once again. And best of all, I found my way back to God; I became a Catholic, along with my husband and children. I think I'm finally doing what I've been called to do. Hallelujah!

*

May you all follow God's plan ... it's not always easy to discern but I believe when something gives you great joy, you are meant to do it.

*

Peace and Joy in the New Year.

*

7 comments:

Bish Denham said...

They could almost be twins! Peace and blessings to you, Vijaya.

Christina Farley said...

What a wonderful decade you've had. And may this next decade be full of more blessings!

Vijaya said...

Thank you Bish and Christina. I still can't believe how these years have flown. Much too fast.

Write2ignite said...

what beautiful children! And your year sounds absolutely fabulous, my friend. I'm so glad we are blogging buddies...but even more sglad that we are sisters in Christ!

May the Lord bless you this year beyond your wildest imagination!

hugs,
Donna

www.donnaearnhardt.com

Mary Witzl said...

Your children are lovely, and what's more, they look truly happy. (I cut my daughters' hair too, for ten years. And people used to be astounded that our youngest wasn't a boy.) Everyone kept telling me that the years would fly by and I always assumed it was a cliche. But how true it is -- and how good it is to stop and take stock when you can, and appreciate what you have.

Happy New Year to you, and here's hoping for another great decade!

Vijaya said...

Thank you Donna and Mary. I think this next decade will go even faster. I remember thinking how time was flying when they were babies ... but I was completely unprepared for how it just whooshes by you, now that they are in school. Cliches have truth in them, no?

Nora MacFarlane said...

Beautiful children! May your next decade be more wonderful than the last. Happy New Year!