- Write every day, even if it's just for fifteen minutes.
- Take writing courses; learn the craft.
- Join or form a critique group.
- Make a commitment.
- Read good books.
Some useful links:
- Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators (SCBWI)
- SCBWI Blueboard created by Verla Kay
- Institute of Children's Literature (ICL)
- Highlights Foundation
- SCBWI Western Wa
- SCBWI Carolinas
- Write 2 Ignite
- CWG Catholic Writers Guild
Archived Articles from the Web on Business & Craft of Writing:
A Tense Situation
Dialogue -- It's Not Just Talk
Query Letters -- A Personal Journey
Stretching and Winning
The Unfinished Quilt
Barbara Seuling's Manuscript Workshop
Write Letters for Fun and Writing Fitness
Writing for Hire FAQS
Some articles for kids and grown-ups to read:
A Purr-fect Way to Build Up Bones
First Grade Friends
Mitochondria: Powerhouses of the Cell
My Children Brought Me Back To Jesus (click on picture to read article)
My Mother's Eggplant
Sangeeta's Silent World
The Color of Skin (scroll down after the article Compliments are Free)
The Science of Smallpox (and A Shot in the Arm)