Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Totally Quacked

Today a package arrived in the mail ... with Uncle John's Totally Quacked Bathroom Reader for Kids Only!!! I am a proud contributor. One of my pieces is mentioned on the back cover. Can you guess?

I barely had time to snap these pictures before my daughter nabbed a copy. We are definitely a Bathroom Reader family ... Of all my book and magazine work, this is the one they can crow about to their friends.

I'm so happy to be writing for them again. I got sloppy about following up with editors when my health took a nosedive. But I'm getting better and was doing some paperwork (yes, writers must spend some time going over submissions, payments, comp. copies, etc.) I realized that I didn't even know which Bathroom Reader my pieces were published in. I contacted them and they informed me that my editor had left the company, but if I'd still be interested in working with someone else. Of course! So I'm back in the game. This book was published in Sep. 2014 but it's never too late to celebrate! And in honor of that, I think I shall spend some time on my throne. You all do the same :)

5 comments:

Yanting Gueh said...

Congratulations on being published here, Vijaya. Was it the Lady Mary piece? Enjoy your celebrations!

Mirka Breen said...

This is too cute! I'm delighted that in addition to being totally wonderful you are also totally quacked, Vijaya.

Vijaya said...

You got it Claudine!!! Such a fun book for kids. Thank you.
Mirka, my kids will attest to it :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun-looking book! Congratulations for your part in it. I'd only seen the adult version and didn't realize there was a children's bathroom reader, too.

Vijaya said...

Thank you Marcia. These books are really fun!