Friday, January 25, 2019

New Beginnings

I've been blogging for a decade! And I remember how it started--I was soooo excited that Jen had a new picture book: I'm Nocturnal, How About You? There was so much more good news, I couldn't contain it.

And now I'm excited for my new in-person picture book critique group. Mo took the initiative this fall after several of us met at the Carolinas SCBWI conference. The lovely cards pictured below are from her MoMo Collection. We met in Dec. to figure things out and kicked off 2019 with a proper critique meeting. I am soooo impressed with the quality, depth, and diversity of stories. Here's just a small sampling of the published work of Muffet Frische (perfect name for a children's writer!) and Andrew Barton. We are mix of published and unpublished, experienced and new, old and young, writers and illustrators,  with a wealth of collective knowledge. It's a season of new beginnings and blessings!




4 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

The best! I've yet to be part of an in-person bunch of writing buddies. What a good looking group^.

Faith E. Hough said...

That's wonderful! As priceless as online critique friends are, there's just something about having the camaraderie and accountability of an in-person group. Wish I could join you!!

Sue said...

WOO HOO! I love face-to-face critique groups for the reasons Faith said.

Vijaya said...

Thanks Mirka, we've gone through a lot together.
Faith and Sue, the added benefit is the nurturing of deeper friendships and real hugs and cookies :)