Monday, June 12, 2023

Christmas in June

If you think I'm going to read my way into heaven, you're right :) All these are from Sophia Institute Press. I have another box coming from Tan Books! I'm such a glutton for books and I feel a mite guilty given that Michael and I just began Imitation of Christ as our morning read-aloud and the first meditation states: "Indeed it is not learning that makes a man holy and just, but a virtuous life makes him pleasing to God... Vanity of vanities and all is vanity."

I console myself by remembering that I'm helping spread the word on good Catholic books, that I will give many of these away after I've read them (and try not to scribble in them) but yeah, guilty as charged. It's all vanity. But God is so good! I get to sit out on my screened in back porch and read in the evenings and watch glorious sunsets. What an Artist! Deo gratias!

4 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

You are ever the good reader, so don't feel guilty lest the rest of us will be forced to accept double the guilt. ;)
Beautiful wistful image at the changing time of day <3

Vijaya said...

You're so sweet, Mirka. I'm filling my well.

http://sangusamuel.wordpress.com said...

Winkie, I just saw your blogspot... Saw these books especially "The Sins of Parents" and a few of these books I saw. Would love to have them. Hats off to you for creating this blog. Love you.

Vijaya said...

Dear Sangeeta, it's good to know what you would enjoy too. And thank you for reading. Love you too.