Friday, July 12, 2024

July

July is the month of the Precious Blood and we remember at every Mass that when St. Longinus speared our Lord's Sacred Heart, Water and Blood poured out, bathing us in Love and Mercy. Yes, His Blood reconciles us to the Father. We are made white as snow, our sins forgotten. I can come confidently to the throne of the Father, knowing His Son has paid the price for me. 

We've just returned from a road trip for a family reunion in Texas and I've already had a chance to celebrate two wonderful saints--St. Maria Goretti (July 6), St. Benedict (July 11)--and excited about these feast days coming up. I remember the last time we made a road trip to visit my brother: to Memphis. We got to celebrate the Feast of Sts. Martha, Mary, and Lazarus (July 29) at EWTN. Oh, thanks be to God for everything!

1 comment:

Mirka Breen said...

Reminders of gratefulness are the way to live. Joyous July!