Sunday, May 10, 2009

Conference Time

How time flies! I know our SCBWI RAs are working hard to get everything together and running smoothly for the conference next weekend at the Redmond Marriott.

There's an unofficial kidlit drink night on Friday, 7-9 pm. And a dozen or so of us Blueboarders are planning to get together Sat. night at Mehfil's. If you want to join us, let me know and I can increase the count for the reservation. Can't wait to meet you all.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers and mother-figures out there! It surely is the most challenging thing I've ever done. Here's a conversation from this morning:

Daughter: It's nice that there is a Mother's Day. You should have one day a year when you can rest and not have to do anything.
Me: Only one?
Son: Well, maybe on your birthday as well.
Me: Gee, thanks.

We had a lovely sunny day and had a wonderful walk in the woods after church. My husband and children made a wonderful supper, with all the works. Ah. Bliss. And no, I didn't not do anything today. I couldn't stand to waste this beautiful sunshine so did several loads of laundry. And a good thing too ... the clouds are rolling in.
*

2 comments:

Mary Witzl said...

I got a lot of laundry done on Mother's Day too. Someone else made dinner, and I was lucky enough to get a foot rub. That is about as good as it gets pn Mother's Day for me...

Vijaya said...

I'm glad Mary. It's these little things that count.