Saturday, July 21, 2018

On Making Art


I'm a firm believer of the daily practice. My daughter isn't. Yet, she's grown tremendously as an artist. So proud of her work. And as you can see, she herself is a work of art :) 



Then there's the art of kombucha!!! And kimchi!!! We are enjoying experimenting in the kitchen and having our home-brewed stuff. It's so delicious on hot summer days and makes me think that Bodach Books, Brews, and Barbecue is off to a great start :)
 
I'd not been to Christ our King Catholic Church in many years but they have a noon Mass on Wed. and I really need that mid-week visit with Jesus. I'll be back at Bishop England for lunch Mass when school starts but what a treat it was to visit the garden in the back and see all the additions. Lovelovelove the Stations of the Cross and the benches to sit and meditate. I have a new work I'm pondering using the Stations as a structure and I have a feeling I'll be coming her often to write. Truly a work of art!

4 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

Beautiful art, beautiful artist.
And the views of green garden meditative spaces was a good place to count my morning blessings.

Barbara Etlin said...

Very nice inspirational spot for you, Vijaya.

I recognize the "pray without ceasing" from a short story by J.D. Salinger ("Franny").

Vijaya said...

Thank you, Mirka. What a great blessing to have these beautiful spaces.

Barb, I'm always so surprised to discover so many common phrases that are taken verbatim from the Bible. Will have to read Franny.

Unknown said...

great photos and contemplation I am having as I visit your church through your eye. thank you for sharing. blessings peace donna maria