Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Déjà vu


Remembering the people who lost their lives on Sept. 11, 2001. Requiem aeternam.
  
September seems to be the peak of the hurricane season. I remember when we moved here seven years ago and closed on our house. Irene brushed by us. Now it seems like business as usual--prepare, wait it out. But this year, Michael and Dagny have gone down to Florida to visit with Max, have Dagny sit in on a few classes at Ave Maria, and have a little holiday. Praying for a safe journey for them and for all in the path of Florence. I really, really feel badly for the folks in NC who will take a direct hit. I am, of course, staying home with our pets, and have a writing retreat.

I love the pictures from space, how immensely beautiful it is to see the winds whirling about. This picture reminds me of last year when we had Irma, Maria, and Jose, all lined up. I know so many who've still not recovered from last year.

We fly to thy patronage, O holy Mother of God; despise not our petitions in our necessities, but deliver us always from all dangers, O glorious and blessed Virgin. Amen.  


 




5 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

Praying with you, Amen.

Evelyn said...

Please stay safe. You're in my prayers.

Vijaya said...

Thank you so much, Mirka and Ev.

Molly/Cece said...

Stay safe. Hugs as you curl up with words and cats.

Barbara Etlin said...

Stay safe.