Saturday, December 29, 2018

Book Reviews in the STAR

I hope everybody is having a lovely Christmas holiday and enjoying some new books. It's always such a pleasure for me to compile a list of the best books for our parish newsletter. I've recruited Michael for this cause because he listens to many audiobooks. So please feel free to bring great books to my attention. I keep a running list because books never go out of style. I was delighted that the editorial director dressed up my bio with some quotes!

4 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

I haven't read any of the others, but I did read BOUND and YAY IT'S IN THERE!

Vijaya said...

Mirka, it's humbling to be with some giants of literature! I think you'd love Louis de Wohl

Faith E. Hough said...

This is super cool. :) I wish our parish had a newsletter so we could pull together such a list!

Vijaya said...

Faith, not that you don't do enough already (choir itself is a huge commitment) but perhaps you can suggest it. It's so lovely to have a quarterly newsletter that showcases different parish events along with more in-depth essays from our pastor and other parishioners. I started doing this last year when the editorial director saw a summer blog post with a bunch of book reviews and thought it would be good to have a resource. One thing I've been really happy with is how many more people are taking advantage of Formed because of the book reviews.