Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Prayer, Podcast and Presents

The Nativity, St. Barnabas, Bromborough

Beginning today, St. Andrew the Apostle's Feast Day, we can recite this prayer 15 times daily for special intentions. Advent is a wonderful time of waiting and watching and praying for miracles.
 
Hail and blessed be the hour and moment
 in which the Son of God was born
 of the most pure Virgin Mary,
 at midnight, in Bethlehem, in the piercing cold.
In that hour vouchsafe, I beseech Thee, 
O my God,
 to hear my prayers and grant my desires,
through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ,
and of His blessed Mother. Amen.

I was invited to join a podcast of the Lamplighters. Rob Wyllie had a wonderful article, God's Toys, in The Lamp Magazine about The Velveteen Rabbit and it was lovely joining him and the editors of The Lamp, Matthew Walther and Nic Rowan, for a discussion on both old and new children's literature. I only wish it could've been in person.

This weekend, the Daniel Island News, which hosted the monthly author series this year is hosting a holiday book sale with over 25 authors participating. I'm so happy we'll all be together because I missed every other lecture this year due to choir practice. Besides, books make the best presents!

5 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

Many blessing to you and yours, dear Vijaya, as Christmas draws near

Carol Soisson said...

Enjoy the book fair. Sounds great! Happy Advent!

Vijaya said...

Thank you both. Debating whether to light an Advent candle...it might be a fire hazard at the book fair. We shall see :)

Katie L. Carroll said...

Enjoy! Books definitely make the best presents.

Vijaya said...

Thanks Katie and Jenni. Velveteen Rabbit essay is one you'll enjoy tremendously, Jenni, given how much you loved it. There were suddenly things I understood now that I never did before.