Sunday, April 16, 2023

Divine Mercy Sunday

Divine Mercy image in Vilnius
Eugeniusz Kazimirowski (1873-1939)
Christ is Risen! Alleluia!!! This Sunday goes by several names: Low Sunday, Quasimodo Sunday, and Divine Mercy Sunday, and it's that last one that I will focus on.

But first, we've been enjoying fresh strawberries so I couldn't resist posting a picture of the three lovely and united Hearts of Jesus, Mary and Joseph again.

Heart of Jesus, I adore Thee.

Heart of Mary, I implore thee.

Heart of Joseph, pure and just,

in these three hearts

I place my trust.

Amen.

Sister Faustina Maria Pia of the Sisters for Life composed this Litany of Trust. May it give you child-like confidence in our Lord's unfathomable love and mercy. 

Litany of Trust

From the belief that I have to earn Your love … Deliver me, Jesus.

From the fear that I am unlovable … Deliver me, Jesus.

From the false security that I have what it takes … Deliver me, Jesus.

From the fear that trusting You will leave me more destitute … Deliver me, Jesus.

From all suspicion of Your words and promises … Deliver me, Jesus.

From the rebellion against childlike dependency on You … Deliver me, Jesus.

From refusals and reluctances in accepting Your will … Deliver me, Jesus.

From anxiety about the future … Deliver me, Jesus.

From resentment or excessive preoccupation with the past … Deliver me, Jesus.

From restless self-seeking in the present moment … Deliver me, Jesus.

From disbelief in Your love and presence … Deliver me, Jesus.

From the fear of being asked to give more than I have … Deliver me, Jesus.

From the belief that my life has no meaning or worth … Deliver me, Jesus.

From the fear of what love demands … Deliver me, Jesus.

From discouragement … Deliver me, Jesus.

That You are continually holding me, sustaining me, loving me … Jesus, I trust in you.

That Your love goes deeper than my sins and failings, and transforms me …Jesus, I trust in you.

That not knowing what tomorrow brings is an invitation to lean on You … Jesus, I trust in you.

That You are with me in my suffering … Jesus, I trust in you.

That my suffering, united to Your own, will bear fruit in this life and the next …Jesus, I trust in you.

That You will not leave me orphan, that You are present in Your Church…Jesus, I trust in you.

That Your plan is better than anything else … Jesus, I trust in you.

That You always hear me, and in Your goodness always respond to me …Jesus, I trust in you.

That You give me the grace to accept forgiveness and to forgive others …Jesus, I trust in you.

That You give me all the strength I need for what is asked …Jesus, I trust in you.

That my life is a gift … Jesus, I trust in you.

That You will teach me to trust You … Jesus, I trust in you.

That You are my Lord and my God … Jesus, I trust in you.

That I am Your beloved one … Jesus, I trust in you.

Amen.

3 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

I too pray for G-d's mercy now, and every day.

Vijaya said...

Sometimes that is all we can do, Mirka. I've been pondering "I desire mercy, not sacrifice" for some time now and what a gift to have Divine Mercy. Blessings to you!

Carol Soisson said...

I love the Litany of Trust. Provides so much comfort.