Thursday, April 4, 2024

Easter Joy! He is Risen! Alleluia!!!

We are enjoying a glorious Easter! I'm resting in Him, writing, and singing Alleluia!!! Michael is as busy as his new bees! My mother always said we are an Easter people and every year I gain a little more insight as we make the journey from the desert in Lent through the Passion of our Lord to His Resurrection! 

I'm a sinner with a past and I continue to be tempted and fail, but I run to our Lord with a contrite heart, tears of sorrow blinding me. He always catches me. We sing in the Anima Christi: Within Thy wounds, hide me. And He does. The devil may try to stake a claim on me because of my sins, but I hear our Lord's Voice--you are Mine! I love you. I have always loved you.  

My friends, run to Jesus! He loves you so much! He's already paid the price for you! And He is coming again in glory! Praise Him with all the angels and saints!


2 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

As the Greek Orthodox of my childhood in Jerusalem say, "Christos Anesti", to which the reply of the faithful is, "Alithos anesti."
Blessings to you and your family.

Vijaya said...

I love this, Mirka! Thank you. I do wish the Eastern Rite and the Orthodox would be on the same calendar as the Latin Church. Same with the Jewish calendar. This year Passover is so much later and it feels strange to not have it near Easter. I also missed seeing the full moon on Holy Thursday. Of course, I had to dig into the reasons and was happy to find this: https://www.sjs.edu/blog/passover-and-easters-why-arent-they-always-the-same