Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter Blessings

I wish you will have a most blessed and beautiful Easter season. Remember:
And if Christ be not risen again, your faith is vain, for you are yet in your sins. 1 Cor. 15:17

C. S. Lewis writes in Mere Christianity, "A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic - on the level with a man who says he is a poached egg - or he would be the devil of hell. You must take your choice. Either this was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us."

Below is a picture from Easter Vigil 2009. My three loves are newly baptized. I will say this day is etched in my memory like my wedding day and the day my children were born. For I was transformed. I will forever be a wife, I will forever be a mother, and I will forever belong to Christ. That is something to celebrate! And we do, each and every Sunday.




Last year, my sister was received into the Church. And this year we went to the entire Triduum Mass together. We split our time between St. Jude and the North American Martyrs Parish. The NAM still does not have a permanent home, so Mass was conducted at Bastyr University. It has a beautiful church. This is one of the windows, showing the apostle Thomas accepting Jesus: My Lord and my God.




Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed." John 20:29



For we walk by faith, not by sight. 2 Cor 5:7



And what is faith?

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Heb 1:11



Here are a couple of pictures with my sister. She not only brought some Texas sunshine, she made us a delicious chicken curry, taught my daughter to knit, and shared artsy stuff with my son. We'd stay up late and gab half the night ... we had so much to catch up. Best of all, we got to worship together.





Don't they dress up well?
*

No comments: