Monday, August 12, 2013

Gardening Workshop

I had a lovely time with the kids at the library. My son took all these pictures so that I can show-n-tell. Enjoy!


 


The kids were a lively bunch, already having some experience with planting seeds. They sampled the basil and loved a reading of Eve Bunting's Sunflower House, and were so excited to make their own.

Yay for awesome librarians who find creative ways to get kids into the library. We're planning to do this workshop in the spring when the kids can really be inspired to dig in the dirt.

Aren't these beauties?

5 comments:

Becky Shillington said...

Vijaya, this looks wonderful, and you look so pretty in bright yellow! I am glad you had such a fun, successful visit! = )

Mirka Breen said...

Lovely, Vijaya.
And isn't it nice to have a photographer in the house, for your show-and-tells? I used to rely on the kindness of strangers.

Bish Denham said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely. Makes me kind of jealous since just about everything here is burning up in the heat and drought. It's kind of depressing... :(

Vijaya said...

Becky, thank you! I love bright colors but nothing compares to the beauty of the flowers.

Mirka, I do love my photographer son. Maybe some day he'll shoot for NG.

Bish, I'd send you some of the storm that blew in yesterday. Things have really cooled off.

Marcia said...

This looks so great! Glad it went well. Such innovative library programs these days.