Saturday, December 14, 2013

Remembering ...

L'innocence by Bouguereau
... the young victims of the CT school shooting. In this month's Magnificat, there are two beautiful articles, one by the editor, who celebrates Mass at St. Rose of Lima Church, and another by Jenny Hubbard, a mother whose little girl was killed. I leave you with the full text of Psalm 23:

 The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
     He makes me lie down in green pastures;
he leads me beside still waters;
    he restores my soul.
He leads me in right paths
    for his name’s sake.
 Even though I walk through the darkest valley,
    I fear no evil;
for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff—
    they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
    my whole life long.

Here's a clip from Faure's Requiem: Pie Jesu and Agnus Dei

2 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

I still ponder the senselessness of it, and find it so hard to sing...

Vijaya said...

I know Mirka, but sometimes it is the music that can carry me through too.