Sunday, December 22, 2013

Preparations and Decorations

 
 


This little can was a Christmas present from Charlanne, my mother-in-law. We'd gone shopping together and I fell in love with it. She was going to mail it us for Christmas, but I insisted I take it along when we moved to Belgium the summer after we were married -- I use it every single day. I love that my daughter is taking after her grandmother. She's the chief baker and decorator in our family now. Most of our Christmas decorations are gifts and there's a story behind each of them ... 

Cooking over fire is such a manly thing! We are so thankful Michael can not only bring home the bacon but cook it! And Max is preserving so many of these memories for us.


It is the fourth Sunday of Advent and there is still much to do, food baskets to prepare, gifts to finish making, cards to mail out, but my mind turns to this beautiful chant Rorate caeli ... and this prayer: Bestir, O Lord, Thy might, we beseech Thee, and come; and with great power come to our aid, that by the help of Thy grace, that which is hindered by our sins may be hastened by Thy merciful forgiveness.


3 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

Your home looks so inviting... and pies! (I'm coming over)

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I am sure you are having a blessed Advent. Merry Christmas to all the family.

Vijaya said...

Mirka, I'd love a visit ... we'll feed you until you are stuffed!

Gary, thanks for stopping by. A Merry Christmas to you and all your family.