Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Dappled Things and a Contest


Dappled Things: a quarterly of ideas, art & faith is a beautiful literary Catholic magazine. The three issues I perused were lovely and I kept thinking a subscription would make a lovely Christmas gift for a Catholic writer with poetry, articles, fiction, and art to inspire their own. My favorites in the sample issues were Daniel Mitsui's article about medieval art and his own gorgeous art, Michael Rennier's interview with Sally Read, author of Night's Bright Darkness, which I'd reviewed earlier. Lots of good poems.



They hold two annual writing contests and the deadline for fiction is coming up -- Nov. 24th. See submission guidelines here. No entry fee. Nice prizes! Good luck, all y'all.



 


 

3 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

I love the directness of Romanesque art. I think your kitties do too.

Faith E. Hough said...

Thanks for sharing this! I remember hearing about this publication a long time ago, but it had fallen off my radar!

Vijaya said...

Isn't Daniel Mitsui's work just fabulous? Someday we'll be rich enough to buy it.

Faith, you would enjoy it and I think your contributions would make it richer.