Friday, March 11, 2022

Antidote to Chaos

Does anybody think that the same people who advanced Covid theater are now promoting war? Have we learned nothing from the bloodiest century? I'm retreating more into prayer. Beauty will indeed save the world. On Valentine's Day, this copper spire went up on St. Clare of Assisi Catholic Church on Daniel Island. Watch: 

Spire Lift Video - YouTube

The church will be finished next year and I have a feeling there will be many conversions because it's so beautiful to worship in a space set apart for worship. It's one of the things I love about the traditional Latin Mass. It's set apart from the ordinary. It has a way instantly orienting my thoughts to the Almighty. The antidote to chaos. Yesterday at choir practice, the pastor was meeting with cadets from the Citadel who are in RCIA and I was flooded with memories of our time in RCIA. I still can't believe it sometimes, how I've grown in love. But when you're drinking from the very Source of all Love, how can it not? I pray this Lent will be the best ever, bearing much fruit for the Kingdom of God.

When we first moved here and I saw the lacrosse field across Bishop England High School, I knew it'd be the perfect place to have a church. And it is. Deo gratias!

 

5 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

The species is too aggressive. It's how we are, and so we continue our tragic ways.
Your prayers are needed.

Sue said...

What a lovely spire. If everyone was looking to God, would our world be different?

Faith said...

Amazing! It's so beautiful. Just what the world needs.

Carol Soisson said...

Seems symbolic to lift the spire during the dark of night. What is God's message in that?

Vijaya said...

Mirka, truly our fallen natures get the better of us.
Sue, I believe our world would be different if we were all striving for holiness. Really and truly.
Faith, we common folk are at the mercy at what our leaders do, but I thank God for the power of prayer.
Carol, it's funny you mention that--there were delays so it took the rest of the evening and night for the spire to be raised. Light in the darkness, no? But the darkness did not know Him.