Monday, March 4, 2024

No Time to Waste

A friend sent me this beautiful quote. We were lamenting how much we feel the urgency to right things given our late entry into the Church and how much we fail. But what matters is that when we fall, we get up with God's grace and try and try again and again. 

So here I am writing again with purpose. So many stories upon my heart and not enough time for all of them. But two or three are rising to the top. A novel, a memoir, a nonfiction PB. I honestly don't know whether I can tackle all three at once, but I've been collecting and organizing my research. Then there are the numerous polished stories that I've not sent out--researching publishers takes time too. I remember when I first started writing, how I devoted one writing session per week to researching magazines and sending out my stories. It made for excellent balance for 10-20% of my writing time devoted to the business side of things. 

But right now, I have music to practice. So after I hit post, I'll be singing for the rest of the evening. 

4 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

How about one at a time? The very use of the word "tackling" could use a shift, like "addressing" or "immersing"-- for a gentler approach to self

Vijaya said...

Oh, Mirka, I like your gentler approach. Thank you. It makes me question why I'm always tackling or wrestling with myself?

Carol Soisson said...

This quote reminds me of the gift of the Sacrament of Reconciliation. We can wipe away our past faults and move forward on the path to heaven.

Vijaya said...

Carol, so true! But I wish that some of the consequences of sin would be wiped away as well. Time lost is lost forever.