Saturday, April 6, 2013

On Walking and Running

I much prefer my walks alone covering about three miles in an hour than running. I can enjoy the flowers, bunnies, and gators. Hmm, I'm thinking my writing is a lot like my walking as well.

However, I am immensely proud of my family for participating in the Cooper River Bridge Run. It's 10K. My son said he made it in just about an hour and my daughter and husband were about 10 min behind him. It was a gorgeous day for it. I'm glad they don't mind being with 40,000 people. And thankful they are home again. Don't they look pleased?



5 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

I'm reminded of the sign that was at my kids' elementary school- WALK, DON'T RUN.
But having survived the gators, your family has what to be pleased about!

Marcia said...

What a great picture of your family. And the flowers. And -- oh, why not -- that's a great gator picture, too. :)

Vijaya said...

Do kids every follow those signs, Mirka? I constantly got into trouble at school for running in the hallways and sliding down the banister.

Marcia, can you see the gator smiling? Today I saw one that was being very territorial and chased off another one.

Faith E. Hough said...

Do you know, seeing the alligator photos on your blog is one of the highlights of my girls' day. :) They are fascinated by the idea of someone being able to see one on a daily walk!

Vijaya said...

They are a wonder, those gators :)