Sunday, August 9, 2015

Good Friends

We had a chance to visit with our good friends in WA on our way home. We were neighbors for several years and not a fence between our properties so we'd go often to enjoy their walnut tree and creek and fresh cookies. Lots of wild-life -- you can see here a deer that came to eat plums!





 


 


Oh, that water was COLD when I first stepped into the creek, but once I got used to it, I cooled my head off as well! It was so lovely to relax with the sound of the creek. I am so grateful to have friends who know how to just be. Later, they fed us a scrumptious Mediterranean meal. I was stuffed until late the following day when we arrived home! I have a few words about my friend -- she is an artist and she's made her life a work of art. She is very talented, making the most beautiful cards with gorgeous calligraphy (she taught me the basics and I hope to make her proud one day), she clothes children with one-of-a-kind outfits (my kids are just one of the lucky recipients), and because she has such a sense of style, I've been lucky to have her hand-me-downs (I call it the Colleen Collection). Now if only we wore the same sized-shoes! But I truly admire a woman who takes such lovely care of her husband and home without a hint of pride. God bless you, my friend. I've missed you too long. 


 

I only wish we'd had time to visit all our friends in WA. Good friends are a treasure, just like family.

2 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

Seeing & reading this post made me want to sing Gershwin's SUMMERTIME.

Yanting Gueh said...

Those beautiful trees! It's always wonderful to spend time with friends ~ the meals, the art and the walks. Glad to know you've had a good time, Vijaya.