Friday, August 7, 2015

Summer Fun

My daughter, 14, is asking to have driving lessons early ... I just went through this with my son, so I'm not quite ready yet. She'll be 15 soon enough. I'm glad she got to drive the tractor -- she mowed a good 2 acres and Grandpa was glad for that. Last time, she was 9 or 10 and nearly ran into the house. My husband had to jump on the back to steer it away.

 


The kids went on several day trips with their aunt and uncle -- Mt. Baker, Lummi Island, kayaking around Whidbey. My husband and I enjoyed our quiet time with his parents. I read a lot, but I'll talk about that in a different post. R&R is over and I've been catching up on getting our household ready for school. I've organized the school books, the shoes, and looking forward to buying notebooks and pens and pencils. Although I hate shopping, looking at writing implements always gives me a little thrill.

4 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

I'm guessing they allow learner-permit driving in SC earlier than in my state, California. Neither of my kids were eager to learn, and while DS got a license at 18, DD still hasn't even applied for a permit at the same age.
I think that while it's worrisome for moms, it's a good thing your kids have the initiative. I really learned by driving AFTER I got licensed, so practice*** and starting early is a good idea. Sooner or later they'll be out there, regardless.

***Glad your husband saved the house from the tractor!

Molly/Cece said...

My kids split. Some eager to drive. Some not so eager. I am thankful that they all drive now.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tractor pictures showing the lazy hazy days of summer. Love the mountain scene, too!

Vijaya said...

I hear you Mirka. We didn't even have a car until I turned 18 and how I loved it, but I didn't get comfortable until I was in my 20s and have my guardian angel to thank for keeping me safe. I think Max got more practice in one year than I did in five. But goodness, I am not ready for Dagny yet ... next summer!

Molly, yay!

Marcia, our lazy-hazy days are about to end.