Wednesday, September 2, 2015

School and Snacks

 
My kids started school mid-August and I finally have a picture of them in their uniforms. The kids are always dashing out the door. Oh, it's not cold at all; in fact, quite the opposite, but the AC keeps the classrooms cool, so Dagny wears a fleece jacket. I still don't know how she manages to ride her bike without getting overheated.

It is so nice not to have to drive anymore. School is just half a mile away, if that. 

You can see the cat is tuned in to their routine as well. When they have a snack, she's right up there, demanding her share ...

I am writing and revising again and even have some goals for September. It feels like the start of a new year.
 
How is the new school year shaping up for you?

8 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

I am looking at a true empty nest and trying to think positively about all the writing I will do...
Promise me you'll appreciate all their dashing and snacking and even the occasional down-right annoying habits, because Dagny and Max look like they're growing up fast and all too soon... You know.

Johnell said...

Ah. Love both pictures. So many milestones whizzing by. We started school a few weeks ago as well. Sigh.

dbp said...

Surenna had her first day of classes at University this week, Dahlia has begun her sophomore year at the HS and Jemma is in her final year at middle school. Jemma loved 7th grade but pronounced that, "8th grade stinks"! Something about an irrational change in how they color-code the subjects--Math is supposed to be red!

Barbara Etlin said...

We've learned to protect any food we place on the coffee table, which is just the right height for Echo to consider it his buffet table!

Becky Shillington said...

Your kids are so beautiful, Vijaya! It is SO hot here, too...can't wait for the weather to cool down a bit. I hope to see you at the conference in a few weeks, my friend!

Molly/Cece said...

Max and Dagny look wonderful. Love this so much. I have begun my last year of high school. I have been in high school for a decade. Jack is a senior. He is doing great. Jubilee started graduate school. She's the first. It is way hot here. I am wrapping up Profit. Yay!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture of your children. I hope they have a great school year!

Vijaya said...

Mirka, I promise.
Johnell, I too feel time slipping away too quickly.
David, I think Dagny would agree with Jemma :) Math should be blue or black, no?
Barb, naughty Echo. Our dog is pretty good about not taking food from the table, but cats cannot be ruled, no?
Becky, I won't be going this year ... sniff! You'll have to post many pictures.
Molly, what an amazing time this is for you ... watching your four strapping and beautiful children grow into themselves. Good luck with Profit!!!
Marcia, thank you!