Monday, February 25, 2019

Local Beauty



It's been a good month, though much too short! I've been enjoying the warmer days and some local events--a Valentine dinner-dance at our parish and an afternoon at the wildlife expo--SEWE. Loved all the animal exhibits and the art--wood carving, shark-tooth jewelry, hunting knives. But nothing beats the beauty right at home with this little guy! Isn't he just the cutest? And we also got to see Vertical Roots in action. This is a local start-up high-tech agriculture and boy are we interested in adapting this for other vegetables. Stay tuned.   








6 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

This turtlette is cute. This, coming from a non-fan of turtles.

Barbara Etlin said...

Is that a long-eared owl or a great horned owl? (I'm guessing long-eared because I think the g-h would be larger.)

Vijaya said...

Mirka, that's high praise for the little fellow from you!
Barb, I don't know. It wasn't labeled and the docents were busy with children so I did not want to interrupt. I think it might be a long-eared owl because it doesn't have the tufts associated with the great horned owl.

janlcoates said...

I didn't know turtles came that small! Glad somebody didn't step on him! Beautiful bird carvings.

Vijaya said...

Jan, this is the smallest one I've seen so far. He blended in perfectly on the trail.
I loved all the woodwork displayed.

Faith E. Hough said...

Oh my word, that turtle is the sweetest!!